This Friday the 18 March is National Day of Action against Bullying and Violence, as a year group the Year 4 students are discussing:
- the main features of bullying
- how a person feels if they are bullied
- what are the key differences between bullying and arguing/fighting with someone.
As a whole class we came up with strategies on how to deal with bullies in different situations:
- ignore them
- tell them to stop and walk away
- go somewhere safe
- get support from friends.
If it happens online
- avoid responding to the bullying
- block and report anyone who is bullying
- protect yourself online, use privacy settings and keep records.
Most important of all...
Talk to someone about it
- School student leaders/ councilors
And keep asking for support until the bullying stops.
Year 4s unite to say Bullying. NO WAY!!